I’ve been contemplating how I’ve often drawn negativity to my life and those around me. And without action, there cannot be change. So, I did a little research on the law of attraction. Schools of thought differ on this concept, and I have my own theory. My theory involves the following methodology – words, vision and action.
The words you speak have impact no matter when or where you say them. They will never just fall to the ground like a seed on dry soil – as soon as you say something, an action will take place. Hurtful, harmful negative words and behaviors will have negative impact on your life – they open a door of destruction to your future and immediately affect your spirit. Words are valuable and we must always monitor what we say.
Your life goes down the path that you choose to take. You pick the words, take the actions and act at a level that will give you the results that you want. Your words can set boundaries and can release potential within your life. If you say you will never, then you will never! If you say you will, then you will. If you say this always happens, then it will always happen…
When you do not achieve the results that you want, change your words and actions. Use your words to set things in motion and to set things right for you – to help you prosper and grow in every area in your life.
I met my husband when I was 16, and thought he was a dreamer. He told me from the moment I met him that he was going to be an artist. He never swayed from his proclamation, and in fact was very specific about what type of artist he would be. He wanted to be an illustrator, not a designer. He wanted to draw for DC Comics, Disney and major music labels. Well, that’s what he’s done. It didn’t happen overnight, but he continually worked towards the goal he clearly set in his mind. He set positive in motion with his positive words, and continually advanced towards his goals because of his positive thoughts and actions.
If you clearly understood the impact of your words, you would speak differently. You would you say more positive things if you had an idea of the things you wanted out of life – your habits, relationships, where you wanted to travel and what you wanted to do.
Set positive in motion with positive words:
- My boss thinks highly of me and appreciates the work that I do. I am clear about what he expects of me and how my activities help his business succeed which in turn helps me be more successful professionally.
- My body is being renewed every day. I’m getting stronger and stronger, more physically fit. The food I eat and activities I choose are fuel that helps move me towards being more capable and physically fit.
- My finances are getting better every day. God is dealing with people to bring me opportunities for financial growth and stability.
- My spouse understands me and loves me for who I am.
A vision board is an incredible tool to help guide your thoughts and words to create positive action in your life. They help you clarify, concentrate and maintain focus on a specific life goal. A vision board displays images that represent whatever you want to be, do or have in your life.
When you look through pictures and magazines or online, you can identify things you like and don’t like and help clarify the things that are important to you, where you want to go and what type of person you want to be. You will resonate with powerful words and phrases, and these visual words and phrases will ingrain themselves in your mind so you can begin to think and speak more positively. Be specific about the things you want – get to the core of your desires, and choose images that represent your passion and what evokes an emotional connection for you.
Focus on the areas you want to improve – create a vision board for every area in your life – work, home, family, finances – or create one for all areas. Select images you emotionally connect with to motivate you to fulfilling your goals. A visual reminder will help you focus on what you want – will draw you in and help you focus on your action plan.
A vision board doesn’t end with the creation – you have to begin to work towards the positive visions, believe them, talk about them positively and begin to take action steps towards your vision. Your visions will become goals, and you will begin to focus on them more clearly to work towards making them a reality.
Place the board somewhere where you will see it daily. Put it by the mirror in the bathroom or on the wall of your bedroom. Frame it in a nice frame and make it a part of your life. Every year, revisit the board, recreate it and recognize the goals you’ve reached.
- “Vision without action is a dream. Action without vision is simply passing the time. Action with Vision is making a positive difference.” – Joel Barker
- Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask. Everything you want also wants you. But you have to take action to get it.” – Jules Renau
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
- “Do it, and then you will feel motivated to do it.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Good […] leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion.” – Jack Welch
The way you speak, act and perform will clearly tell those around you what to expect from you. When you recognize that your words and actions all have consequences (positive or negative), you will be more likely to set personal goals and set in place action plans that can influence those around you and your future in a positive way. Get started on the right path today. Begin aligning your words with your vision, then take action. You’re only as powerful as your words.